I’ve been blogging for over a month now! That’s crazy – the month has absolutely flown by and so far, I’m really enjoying blogging. I initially started as more of a bucket list thing – I’ve always wanted to blog, I’ve tried a couple of times but never really stuck to it, but this time seems to be sticking!
There’s always new people trying out blogging, so I thought it’d be worth putting together a list of what I’ve learned in this first month. What would your top tips be for someone new to blogging? Let me know in the comments!
- Don’t get hung up on perfection. You’re not going to be the best blogger in the world right away! You’re not going to know what domain authority is, or what the best hashtags are! It’s ok to make mistakes!
- Do your research. It’s okay to NOT know what DA is, or what SEO even means, but it’s a good thing to learn. There are so many fantastic resources out there, hit Pinterest or do some googling and learn the key skills a blogger needs to know.
- Do be social. I see bloggers on twitter/IG who just don’t interact – their feeds are all about self-promotion and honestly? I unfollow pretty quickly. Social media has to be just that – SOCIAL. Reach out to people, get involved in blogger chats and just comment on people’s work!
- Don’t underestimate the power of self-promotion. Don’t be afraid to say HEY – Look at my post! If you’d want to read it, someone else will too!
- Read other people’s blogs! Learn what works for them, explore new styles of writing and photography. Don’t copy people, but do let them inspire you.
- Don’t feel like you need a niche. Beauty, fitness, lifestyle, travel…you can focus on just one topic but you don’t have to. If you love loads of things, let that shine! Your posts will be infinitely better if you’re really passionate about the topic,